I’m a technical Solutions Architect with 8+ years of experience in digital development practices and leading. I help create effective and engaging products for companies. Growing the experience of their teams and creating proficient working processes. Supporting technical and business teams with the ability to motivate and engage on all levels.
With an in-depth understanding, I use my skills to create accurate architecture plans, scopes, and estimates for projects and stakeholders. Leading the digital departments and helping developers improve in all areas.
What I really enjoy doing is investigating digital requirements, problems, and opportunities across multiple platforms, seeking best-in-class solutions through improvements in functionality and user experience. This has led me to deliver some exciting and effective lead-generating applications.
- Managing digital project scopes internally and with third-party suppliers
- Managing a wider scope of departments such as marketing and engineering with their specific digital needs
- Ability to manage multiple projects/work streams concurrently
- Implement processes, principles, and standards, including consistency and quality of delivery.
- Jira | Confluence
- Node | Express | MongoDB | GraphQL | Various SQL databases| APIs (Stripe, Twilio, eCommerce systems)
- PHP | Laravel (Jetstream & Inertia) | WordPress
- AWS | Digital Ocean | Linux | Command Line
- Docker | Kubernetes | Pipelines
- UI/UX Design | User Flow | Prototyping
- Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator
- Google Analytics | Event tracking |Data Studio
Jul 2022 - Present Bristol, England, United Kingdom
In this role, I’ve delivered multiple systems for start-ups and established companies using various technologies. The software solutions have used a mix of AWS, Azure, open-source software and integrations with low-code platforms. Here I have taken a hands-on technical approach and created proofs-of-concept and prototypes. I consulted on and identified business opportunities for each project and led the way for architecture and roadmaps.
- Helped team members with code reviews, and debugging and managed all aspects of repositories and workflows
- Consulted on DevOps, roadmaps, features, architecture and low-code applications
- Worked on distributed systems utilising IoT, mobile apps and web portals using DevOps practices, Python and C#(.NET)
- Contributed to pre-sales to lead prospects to the solution to their problems
- Led the migration of software to cloud providers and refactoring of CI/CD pipelines
- Translated business needs into strategy, architecture and executable roadmaps and leading teams through the full SDLC
- Made complex design decisions with authority, even in times of ambiguity, balancing advancing strategy, immediate business needs and potential long-term risks and implications
- Communicated with impact, ensuring complex information is articulated in a meaningful way to wide and varied audiences including senior executives, business, IT delivery and internal teams
Morgan Motor Company
Digital Development Manager
Jun 2021 - Jul 2022 Malvern, England, United Kingdom
- Creating technical and non-technical concepts, documents, architectures and roadmaps for all levels of stakeholders.
- Responsible for digital project upkeep, stability, and feature enhancement with detailed analysis to inform better design and feature improvements.
- Project owner and manager of multiple product specifications and timings for various sales, marketing and internal platforms.
- Responsible for the validation, scoping and prioritising of projects from C-level stakeholders and internal departments/teams.
- Excellent communication and integrations with all internal teams from CAD, factory floor, electrical engineers, sales and marketing. This includes external dealerships in multiple countries.
- Released many APIs, portals, integrations and critical vehicle firmware update projects while maintaining the long-term roadmap timing.
Lead Web Developer
Jun 2019 - Jun 2021 Malvern, England, United Kingdom
- Led digital solutions for Morgan, launching a new site with dynamic regional pricing and multilingual functionality
- Integrated various services into factory systems to create app-like experiences for customers and dealers worldwide
- Developed dealer portals for parts ordering, stock management, statistics, and analytics
- Managed short and long-term projects, leading in-house and external teams with scopes and architectures
- Created APIs and designed online configurators with factory and dealer integrations for ordering and quoting
- Completed non-industry projects, including public canteen apps and museum exhibition systems using Python and electronics
- Utilized various technologies, such as Vue/React, Node, Express, MVC frameworks, and databases (MySQL/PostgreSQL/MongoDB/Redis) for deployment and CI/CD.